Video: 5 Things Your Specialty Clinic Needs to Know Now
Jun. 12, 2018
You’ve heard the Latin phrase, “Carpe diem” – or “Seize the day!”
Those three words summarize what I’m advising all specialty clinics to do when it comes to leveraging video to create an effective digital marketing strategy! Here are a few facts that back up my proclamation:
- Video attracts 2 to 3 times as many monthly visitors to a website and has a 157% increase in organic traffic.
- Translation: If your specialty clinic used video, it could translate into about 10 or 12 new patients a month vs. one or two (without video marketing).
- Video equates to higher viewer retention. The information retained in one minute of online video is equal to about 1.8 million written words. (Source: Brainshark)
- Online video is a powerful marketing tool:
- 74% of internet users engage on social media.
- 80% of those internet users are specifically looking for health information, and ...
- Nearly half are searching for information about a specific doctor or health professional. (Source PewResearch)
I’d like to add one other fact that I’ve personally procured while working with specialty clinics over the last decade:
- Video is underutilized as a medical marketing tool by a majority of these clients.
The upside? Specialty clinics have a tremendous opportunity to build brand and revenue by leveraging digital marketing and the power of video – today.
Five ways to use video to gain and retain patients
- Educational videos. Don’t just educate, “explain.” This holds true whether you’re providing a general introduction to your clinic’s services or specialist or talking about a specific service.
- Information delivered via video vs. print equates to a much higher retention rate with the majority of consumers.
- Answering questions up front can help build transparency, which can build credibility and translate into a higher level of comfort with new patients.
- This type of video can establish your clinic and staff as a trusted authority on the services you offer.
Legato Healthcare Marketing developed the following educational videos with our client, Urology Associates, and posted them on their website and on social media:
While the right-brain side of me gives a nod to the Gold Aster award and Silver Healthcare Advertising Award the videos received, the numbers (i.e., results) are all that matter when it comes to a client’s ROI. And as you can see, the number of people reached was pretty significant:
- Dewire video: 2,450 people reached; 1.8K views (473 minutes viewed).
- Butler video: 1,514 people reached; 2.9K views (450 minutes viewed).
- Womack Video: 307 people reached; (170 minutes viewed).
- Patient testimonial videos. Testimonials of patients’ experiences can help build trust as well as provide information to consumers who are going through the decision-making process. They can:
- Convey the impact that your clinic, staff or a specific specialist had on their lives and their healthcare journey.
- Add realism and credibility. Consumers trust their peers more than your marketing department.
- Showcase others on your staff who played a role in their car
“Sheila’s Perspective” shows how a video testimonial can be a powerful and credible way for your specialty clinic to connect with prospective patients. Legato Healthcare Marketing developed the video in partnership with our client Black River Memorial Hospital.
- Patient prep videos: Using video to share details about a specific procedure can help reduce patients’ anxiety by answering frequently asked questions. We developed these prep videos for our client, GI Associates. The videos can be played at home (from GI Associates’ website) as well as in the clinic’s exam room, to replace much of the verbal instructions:
- Virtual tours: Knowing where to go and what to expect when they get there can help calm new patients’ nerves, which can equate to a better patient experience. Here’s an example of a video we produced for a small rural hospital.
- TV ads: Don’t forget that TV ads fall under the category of “video” – and they can be powerful promoters of your specialty clinic. Here’s an example of a TV spot we created for Bone and Joint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUwFcBx5A64.
Another famous saying ... “Seeing is believing”
Video is key to incorporate into an effective digital marketing strategy – but it’s just one component. See how Legato Healthcare Marketing worked with Urology Associates to develop a strategy to grow online visibility, create engaging content for patients and build reputation with positive patient reviews.